- The issues some Rogers Internet customers in North York were experiencing have been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Posts Tagged ‘Samsung Galaxy S4’
The latest smartphones come loaded with cool new features and functions – but figuring out how to use them isn’t always easy. If you’re the proud owner of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, we’re here to help. On Thursday, June 27 at 5 p.m. join our Google+ Hangout Learning Session right here on RedBoard to learn more about using your Galaxy S4. Discover new tricks for the Android OS, observe demos and get the full scoop on the S4’s functionality and features.
For more tips, be sure to add us to your circles on Google+.
The new Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone launched with lots of buzz around its cool features, including a five-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, a “Smart Pause” function that senses when you look away from the screen and pauses your video and a “Dual Camera” that allows for even more photo angles. But how do you use them?
To help you use your smartphone like a pro, here’s how to use the Galaxy 4 “Air Gesture” feature, which lets you control your phone without touching the screen.
To enable “Air Gesture”:
- Go to Settings
- Click on My Device
- Select motions and gestures
- Choose Air gesture
- Slide the switch “on.”
Select the Air Gestures you want to use:
• Quick Glance: See your notifications by waving your hand above the sensor.
• Air Jump: Scroll through web pages vertically.
• Air Browse: Wave your hand above the sensor horizontally to move between pictures, web pages or music tracks.
• Air Move: While on the home screen, press and hold on an app shortcut or widget, then wave your hand above the sensor horizontally to move them between home screens.
• Air Call-accept: Wave your hand over the screen to accept incoming calls.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available in Black Mist and White Frost from Rogers starting at $199.99 with select three year plans.
For more tips, add us to your circles on Google+.
UPDATE: June 6, 2013,6:15 p.m.: Unfortunately due to technical difficulties we must reschedule our Google+ Hangout Learning Session. Stay tuned for a new date and time.
share this Comments Off
The latest Samsung Galaxy smartphone is loaded with features including the amazing “Smart Pause” function that senses when you look away from the screen and stops your video until you return. The Rogers Reservation System is now open for existing Rogers wireless customers to reserve the device and new customers can pre-order at www.rogers.com/GALAXYS4.
Here are three reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S4 deserves your attention:
- This next generation Galaxy device has amplified its specs. Now you can live-stream sports on the large five-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, which is also capable of displaying crystal clear 1080p video.
- Love taking photos? The ‘Dual Camera’ on the Galaxy S4 allows you to simultaneously use the 2 MP front camera and the 13 MP rear camera, giving you even more angles to Instagram. This functionality also powers the ‘Dual Video Call,’ allowing you to make and receive video calls with friends and family while also showcasing what you are looking at during the call.
- Play magician and accept a call with a wave of your hand with ‘Air Gesture.’
What about the blazing-fast speed?
Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is built to run on Rogers 2600 MHz LTE spectrum, the fastest wireless internet band available in Canada. Capable of delivering higher speeds than other LTE bands, the 2600 MHz spectrum with Rogers LTE means customers using the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone can do even more, even faster. Rogers has more LTE network deployed in the 2600 MHz spectrum band than any other carrier in Canada and will be further expanding to 44 new markets this spring.
When can I get it?
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available in Black Mist and White Frost starting at $199.99 with select three year plans. Existing Rogers wireless customers can reserve theirs now on the Rogers Reservation System and new customers can pre-order their device at www.rogers.com/GALAXYS4. Customers who have reserved a device on the Rogers Reservation System or have pre-ordered the device on Rogers.com will start to receive devices beginning April 27th. In-store availability will begin on May 3rd at select Rogers retail locations across the country.
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy S4? What features are you excited to try?
Katie is a regular contributor to RedBoard
Update: April 26, 4:30 p.m.: Due to overwhelming global demand for the Samsung GALAXY S4, Samsung Canada will not be able to meet the pre-order date of April 27 for all customers. The company intended to ship pre-orders by the 27, and remains committed to fulfilling shipments in the coming days. We’re working hard to get the Galaxy S4 to Rogers customers who pre-ordered and reserved first. When you reserve a device with Rogers, you will be notified when the device has shipped and is available for pickup. Furthermore, as a limited time offer if your device doesn’t ship within 21 days from device launch in Canadian stores or reservation, whichever is later, we’ll apply a $50 credit to your account. For details please visit www.rogers.com/galaxys4. Thank you for your patience.