Posts Tagged ‘Niagara’
Whew! Our engineers and technicians must be exhausted! They’ve just completed the rollout of an impressive 18 new Canadian markets and now, our LTE network reaches nearly 60% of all Canadians. Rogers was the first carrier to introduce LTE in Canada and in many of these markets, we will be the only LTE provider.
18 new markets, from West to East:
Here’s where you can now access Rogers LTE across the country:
- British Columbia: Victoria, Abbotsford, Kelowna
- Alberta: Edmonton
- Saskatchewan: Saskatoon and Regina
- Ontario: St. Catharines/Niagara, Oshawa/Pickering/Ajax, Windsor, Sudbury, Kingston, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, London, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Barrie
- Quebec: Quebec, Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières
LTE is also already available in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and surrounding cities, Calgary Vancouver and surrounding cities, as well as on the East coast in St. John’s and Moncton.
What does LTE mean for you as a Rogers customer?
- Faster speeds! But don’t take it from us. Check out results from our LTE speed test contest and, while you’re at it, take a peek at how Rogers stacks up against the competition in a test by readers of the iPhoneinCanada blog, where the fastest speed was recorded by a user on the Rogers network in Brampton Ontario.
- Even better access to data: since we first launched our Ottawa LTE network in July of last year, we’ve seen an 80% increase in data usage, and we expect wireless Internet usage on our network to grow six-fold by the end of 2016.
- Increased mobility: according to Cisco, by 2015 more smartphones will be connected to the Internet than home computers. And the traffic generated from these on-the-go devices will exceed traffic from wired devices.
- The largest selection of LTE devices of any Canadian carrier: among others, we’ll soon be carrying a unique version of the LG Optimus G that operates on the 2600 MHz spectrum, making it Canada’s fastest smartphone. The LG Optimus G will kick things into high gear with maximum theoretical LTE download speeds of up to 100 Mbps. On Rogers LTE customers will experience typical experienced speeds ranging from 12 Mpbs to up to 40 Mbps.**
Check out our LTE coverage map here and be on the lookout as we continue to expand our LTE coverage, adding additional markets this year and in 2013.
Michelle is a regular contributor to RedBoard
**As device selection evolves, speed capabilities will continue to rise on the Rogers LTE network as customers will be able to benefit from maximum theoretical network speeds of up to 150 Mbps. See www.rogers.com/coverage for full details on Rogers LTE network coverage.
The information in this post is current at the date of posting and is subject to change without notice.