- @tatiiana It can be your favourite picture. Be sure to add #roamon and #landmark as your hashtags ^eo
RedBoard Fireplace Contest
The RedBoard Fireplace Contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of Canada, who are over the age of majority in their province or territory having a fireplace at their home and who are existing Rogers cable subscribers in the Rogers cable footprint before the start of the Contest on April 8, 2013. Contest excludes employees of Rogers Communications Partnership (herein referred as “Rogers” or “Contest Sponsor”), its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. For better clarity, Rogers cable customers are customers who use or subscribe to cable products and/or services from Rogers (Rogers Home Phone, Rogers Internet and/or Rogers cable TV)
“Contest Period” starts at 2:00 pm on April 8, 2013 and continues until 12:00 pm (noon) on May 1, 2013, the “Contest Closing Date”. No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Times.
HOW to enter the Contest
Upload a picture of your current fireplace setup in a JPEG, TIFF, PNG or BMP format and tell us why you deserve to win a Nextbox HD Terminal and have your fireplace showcased on the Fireplace Channel for one (1) year. Entries must be 100 characters or less. Any entry exceeding 100 characters or posted after the Contest Closing Date will be ineligible and will not be entered in the Contest. Email your photo to email@example.com along with your full name, email address, phone number, and location before the Contest Closing Date.
By entering and uploading a photo in the Contest, each entrant agrees to assign all right, title interest (including copyright) and sole right of the photo and broadcast to Rogers, and waive any and all moral rights in the photo and broadcast in favour of Rogers. Rogers may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any photo or broadcast entered into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation; and that the person submitting same has no further copyright or similar claim. Each entrant warrants to Rogers and its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize suppliers, the independent Contest organization (if any), and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators that the submission does not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property, is not false, inaccurate or misleading & does not violate any law or regulation; is not libelous, threatening or harassing; does not instigate others to commit illegal activities; and does not contain pornography; does not contain any viruses, worms, or other computer programming intended to or that could interfere with the ability of others to enjoy the Contest website. Images may not contain any individuals or use trade-marks (logos, slogans, product packaging) or copyrighted materials of any third party.
Each eligible photo along with a 100-word essay will count as one (1) “entry” in the Contest.
Limit of one (1) entry per person. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain erroneous contact or entry information or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor.
PRIZE – Participants are eligible to win one (1) prize including:
- One (1) Nextbox HD Terminal – valued at approximately $323.19 CDN. Nextbox HD Terminal does not include any cable packages or services.
- Have a film crew of three (3) people come to their house and film their fireplace approximately six (6) weeks before it is to be aired on the Fireplace channel (channel 204) for a continuous duration of one (1) year, beginning November 1, 2013 and ending November 1, 2014. Rogers reserves the right to terminate or extend this period of air time at their sole discretion. Filming will take place over one (1) night for approximately three (3) hours with equipment consisting of a camera, lighting, and a tripod. Property owner MUST be present during filming.
DRAW – A random draw by a representative of the Contest Sponsor or the independent judging agency from all eligible entries received will be made at approximately 12:30 pm on May 1, 2013 at the Rogers office at 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON. Selected entrant will be contacted by phone at the phone number indicated on his/her entry for a screening required to determine eligibility.
- If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, does not meet eligibility requirements, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
- To be declared a potential winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by phone; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. They must also confirm they are the owner of the property where the fireplace resides and is to be filmed, and that they have reached the age of majority.
- Rulings by Contest Sponsor are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of prize.
- By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs, broadcast or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To know the name of the winner, visit http://redboard.rogers.com after the Contest Closing Date.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
- Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the Rogers RedBoard website and blog post, or any other website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).