- Congrats @nicholascherry - you've been selected as a winner in our #RoamOn Challenge! Follow us and we'll DM you the details.
Don’t wait to get yours! New and existing Rogers customers can reserve theirs now on the Rogers Reservation System.
Reserving a device on the Rogers Reservation System means you don’t need to call around to stores looking for stock. You know where you are in line, and can choose which Rogers store will receive your device. Plus, you’ll always know where your device is: You get an email notification when it ships, and the store will call you when it arrives.
Here’s what Samsung announced about the device today: The Samsung GALAXY S5 is a LTE Category 4 Standard device, and includes a Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature as well as enhanced S Health 3.0 to help you stay fit. The personal fitness tracker includes a pedometer, diet and exercise records and a new built-in heart rate monitor.
The Samsung GALAXY S5 also has a 16MP camera with the world’s fastest autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds. Canadian specs will be revealed soon. Click here for more information on the S5.
Rogers customers who purchase the Samsung GALAXY S5 will also have the choice to subscribe to the Rogers Next Program, which allows customers to upgrade their device every 12 months with no early upgrade or connection fees. Conditions apply; visit here for full details.
We’ll have more details to share regarding exclusive offers, pricing and release date soon. Stay tuned to @RogersBuzz on Twitter and RedBoard for the latest.
What feature from the Samsung GALAXY S5 excites you?
Update: March 18, 2014: Today, Samsung officially announced Canadian specs for the Samsung Galaxy S5, hitting Rogers this April. Being a Rogers customer has its advantages with this launch:
- Light up your Samsung Galaxy S5, with its quad-core processor, on Rogers LTE, Canada’s fastest LTE network, and you can expect smooth HD video streaming and blazing fast downloads with virtually no buffering or lags;
- Be gone the days of carrying a bulky wallet! All Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones from Rogers will come with the suretap wallet, an app that lets you securely store your credit and debit card information and make payments using your smartphone;
- Rogers will carry Samsung’s full line-up of next-generation Gear wearables – Gear Fit, Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo – starting on April 11. Only with Rogers will you have access to the Gear 2 Neo, which comes with a standalone music player for your favourite tunes on the go. These wearables extend the smartphone to your wrist with real-time notifications, and help keep fitness goals on track with a built in pedometer and a heart rate sensor.
A few weeks ago, we let new and existing customers reserve their spot in line for the device and today, we’re announcing exclusive offers for the first 10,000 who purchase through the Rogers Reservation System:
- A $50 credit on a virtual Rogers Prepaid MasterCard in their suretap wallet, ready to spend however they want;
- Customers already enrolled in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program when they reserve will receive 2,000 bonus points with their purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Instantly redeem these points for a discount in-store or save to redeem for Rogers products and services, including bonus wireless data, roaming travel packs and more.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available on April 11 at Rogers for $249.99 on select two-year plans. The Samsung Gear 2 Neo, only available with Rogers, will be available for $219.99; the Gear Fit for $219.99; and the Gear 2 for $329.99.
Reserve your S5 today using the online Rogers Reservation System. The exclusive offers for the first 10,000 to reserve end April 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET.