- Congrats @McDadn09 – you've been selected as a winner in our #RoamOn Challenge! Follow us and we'll DM you the details.
Back in November, Rogers Media announced a 12-year, $5.2-billion deal with the NHL, which means more hockey for Canadian fans across all platforms. Today, we’re happy to introduce the team of broadcasters who will anchor our national NHL coverage.
“We know how passionate fans are about hockey, and so we’ve brought together the best anchors to deliver the best hockey experience to Canadians,” said Scott Moore, President of Sportsnet & NHL Properties at Rogers.
Here’s the first line of our all-star roster:
- George Stroumboulopoulos will host Hockey Night in Canada, and will be the studio anchor for Sunday night NHL Hometown Hockey broadcasts on CITY. He’ll also host other NHL broadcasts on Sportsnet and other Rogers platforms;
- Don Cherry returns with the twenty-ninth season of Coach’s Corner on Saturday nights;
- Ron MacLean will also return for Coach’s Corner, and will host Sunday night’s Hometown Hockey Community Celebration;
- Daren Millard will continue to host Hockey Central @ Noon on Sportsnet 590 The FAN radio and Sportsnet television, along with Toronto Maple Leafs regional hockey on Sportsnet, and will begin hosting Wednesday Night Hockey on Sportsnet this October;
- Jeff Marek will host Thursday Night Hockey on Sportsnet 360, as well as Friday Night Hockey and the Memorial Cup.
In total, the team will deliver more than 500 regular season games across 13 networks and seven platforms. This includes up to seven games every Saturday night, plus Hometown Hockey every Sunday hosted from communities across Canada, and every game of the NHL Playoffs and The Stanley Cup Final.