- Watch as Russell Crowe undertakes a historic journey filled with bravery and sacrifice: Noah is now available on Rogers on Demand (ch 100)
When you’re on a tight timeline, the download progress bar can’t move fast enough. But the new Samsung GALAXY S5 has a solution: the Download Booster feature.
Download Booster means you can download large files – over 30MB – faster using your Wi-Fi and Rogers LTE networks at the same time.
Here’s how to get started:
- Select “Apps” on your home screen.
- Choose “Settings”
- Touch “Download Booster”
- Drag the “Download Booster” switch to the right, then select “OK” in the popup window.
- If you don’t want to see the data transfer speed via popup window, check the box that says “Do not show speed info.”
Ready to download?
- Make sure your phone’s Wi-Fi and Mobile Data are both turned on
- Pull down the status bar from the top of your screen
- Choose the “Download Booster” icon
- Press “OK”
- Start your download
When it’s in use, the Download Booster icon – a lightning bolt – will appear in your device’s status bar.
This feature is one of many that take the Samsung GALAXY S5 beyond the basics, using integrated technology and the Rogers LTE network to improve your life and make every day better.
I download music, apps and TV shows directly to my mobile to keep me entertained on long flights or commutes. I also download reports to review on my morning subway ride to help me prepare for my work day. What large files do you use on your mobile?