- @gavenmckenney The atmosphere is incredible:-D !!! #roamon #RGCL ^mk
LG blew us all away when it unveiled the world’s first curved smartphone back in October. And today, we’re happy to announce that the LG G Flex, running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2, will be available in Canada this spring, exclusively from Rogers.
To celebrate this Canadian first, here are five innovative features that caught my eye:
- It’s shapely. The LG G Flex is designed to fit in the palm of your hand and follow the curve of your face with its six-inch curved screen. It doesn’t just look cool – the shape helps improve the voice quality by reducing the gap between the mic and your mouth. Plus, the curved screen is the perfect shape for glare-free movie viewing. To accommodate the design, it’s also the first device to feature a curved battery.
- It heals itself. If you’re hard on your device (like me!), check out the G Flex’s self-healing coating. The phone’s back cover can recover from day-to-day nicks and scratches, so it always looks brand new.
- What buffering? With a Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the LG G Flex is super-fast. This device can run on the 2600 and 2100 MHz spectrum, reaching top speeds on Rogers LTE network.
- Easy control. The LG G Flex has a rear key that makes changing the volume simple when you’re chatting on the phone. A quick tap, and no interruption required.
- Wake and snooze made simple. The “Knockon” feature means you can turn the display on and off automatically with a simple knocking gesture. No need to pick your device up or press the power key – the phone senses the movement and goes light or dark accordingly.
Available in Titan Silver, the phone also has a 13 MP camera, plus a 2.1 MP front-facing camera for great selfies, and runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Want a curved phone of your own? Starting today, new and existing Rogers customers will be able to reserve the device online using the Rogers Reservation System. A refundable $40 deposit will be applied to a credit card or your Rogers account.
Stay tuned to this space and follow @RogersBuzz for updates on availability and pricing.
What do you think of this phone’s space-age shape?