- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
Roam where you want to with Rogers: Introducing worry free Wireless Data Roaming Rates in the United States
Canada spends more time online than any other country. And we know you want to be just as connected while travelling outside of Canada. But you’ve also told us that the cost and complexity of roaming rates get in the way of using your phone on the road the same way you do at home.
We’ve heard you. And that’s why we’re launching a new wireless data roaming rate for customers travelling to the United States.
Our new roaming rate, which launches this spring, is designed to be an easy and worry-free roaming solution. Here’s how it works:
- For a rate of $7.99, customers will get access to 50 megabytes of data over a 24 hour period while travelling in the U.S.
- The new rate will provide customers nearly twice the data that they would typically use domestically
- Customers will be alerted before reaching 50 MB which means they will be able to control their roaming costs.
- It will be available to all Rogers wireless consumers and business customers
Why 50MB per day? The roaming rate was designed to give customers the maximum amount of data for the lowest price. Currently, more than 99% of our customers use less than 50 MB of data per day when roaming. Here are some examples of what 50 MB will allow you to do on your trip in the U.S.:
- Browse 50 maps or
- Browse 200 web pages or
- Send 1,000 emails or
- Send 5,000 Tweets or
- Send 128 photos
Do you use your phone differently while travelling than you do at home? Will this new rate help you to roam worry free?
Michelle is a regular Redboard contributor.