for 2013 by Mediacorp Canada Inc. The award recognizes companies for their leadership in creating a diverse environment for their employees, customers and communities. We’re on the list and excited and proud to be there!
Diversity is integral to our overall talent management strategy. Hiring thousands of Canadians every year and building diverse high performing teams is an on-going focus and essential to the company’s success. In line with this, we have a multi-year diversity plan that is developed and championed by the company’s most senior leaders as well as employees.
Focusing on Diversity helps us to build better teams and we’re always looking for ways to attract the best talent for Rogers. Creating a culture of inclusiveness is important to ensuring our employees feel engaged every day when they come to work.
To help us achieve this goal we focus on many initiatives. Here are a few we’re proud to highlight:
- We recently partnered with Pride at Work Canada, and will be working with them to help us strengthen our initiatives in promoting inclusiveness for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans-identified (LGBT) employees at Rogers.
- OMNI Ontario funds the John Webb Graham Q.C. Rogers Multicultural Scholarship which provides four-year tuition to three first-year students in the School of Radio and Television Arts at Ryerson University. Awarded annually, this entrance award is based on ethnocultural or native background, academic proficiency and career aspirations.
Employee Retention and Development
- We’ve created the Rogers Women’s Network (RWN), a strong employee resource groups which focuses on helping female managers build the leadership skills and networks they need to transition into the next level of their careers. The RWN works very closely with Canadian Women in Communications to bring additional resources to the women at Rogers.
- In 2012 we created the Rogers Employee Volunteer Program. As part of this program employees are invited to take time off work and use it towards a volunteer experience, either with an organization affiliated with our own Rogers Youth Fund or with another registered charity of their choice.
- We offer a number of amenities for those who require alternative accommodation, designed to improve workplace diversity and inclusiveness for our employees in designated groups. Examples include family care rooms for nursing mothers, computer software systems to assist visually impaired employees, and faith rooms which allow for private observance.
We’re working on plenty of new initiatives to further promote and support a diverse and inclusive environment at Rogers. We’ll be rolling out these initiatives in line with our Diversity roadmap and strategy and communication is one of our top priorities so expect to hear more from us in the coming months.
How do you stay connected with Rogers? Follow us @RogersCareers!
Liz is a new contributor to the Redboard blog. Welcome Liz!