- @Scottiooo Hey Chef! That is standard when it comes to live online streaming. ^kc
Is there anything we can’t do on smartphones these days? Remember when cell phones were strictly used as a means to make calls or be reached on the go? Fast forward to 2012 and think about all they’re capable of: web, mobile payments, video calls, GPS, apps and more. It’s really no surprise that Network World released an article this month on smartphones phasing out some of our other technology.
In it, a recent study conducted by European telecom O2 found that of their respondents, 54% of alarm clocks and 46% of watches were the devices most frequently pushed aside by smartphones. 28% had even started to abandon laptop computers in favor of their handhelds. For more stats and predictions, check out the full article here.
Staying on top of this trend, this week we added another great smartphone to our lineup: the Sony Xperia ion, available exclusively from Rogers! This LTE enabled smartphone comes with unrestricted access to the Sony Entertainment Network, making it an entertainment junkie’s dream.
It also comes pre-loaded with Sony Video Unlimited and Sony Music Unlimited, for a monthly fee that allows users access to the latest movies, TV shows and music tracks right from your phone! You can order yours online today or you can check out more details on our RedBoard post from earlier this week here. Also, take a look at this review from Canadian Reviewer for a good overview of the phone features.
As a bonus, get to know your new Sony Xperia ion better by getting set up with our picks for best Android tips from Connected Magazine:
- How-To: Assign Contacts to Groups with Android - Assign contacts to a group so you can send a single message or email to a whole group at once.
- How-To: Shoot like a Pro - Take better photographs with these pro photography tips.
- How-To: Add A Widget on your Android Device - Widgets are like mini-apps that sit on your home screen. In essence, they are shortcuts to a main app.
- How To: Set Facial Recognition - Learn how to set up Facial Recognition to unlock your Android 4.0 device.
- How To: Android Hotspot - What to share your Android data with your iPad? You can set-up a safe, portable and secure hotspot.
What did we miss? Let us know your smartphone must-dos by posting a comment below.
Kelly is a regular contributor to RedBoard