In this week’s weekend reading, we summarize some recent LTE updates and tell you how you can get the jump on a happier Easter holiday with some awesome Easter themed apps.
There was plenty of action on the LTE front this week so if you missed the big news, here’s what you need to know. On Monday, we went live with LTE in two new cities: Calgary and Halifax. This launch follows the recent launch of LTE in St. John’s and in the coming months, we’ll be bringing Canada’s fastest and largest LTE network to Edmonton. Stay tuned!
This week we also launched the new Sierra Wireless AirCard 763S LTE mobile hotspot that lets you create a password-protected hotspot in seconds for up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices. And finally, the HTC One X is now available to reserve or preorder. This is Canada’s first LTE smartphone with Beats Audio Integration and it is coming soon, exclusively at Rogers. What’s more, if you pre-order by April 30, you have a chance to win a trip for two to Toronto and VIP passes to the MMVA after party! Check out all the details here: http://www.rogers.com/htconex
Apps for Easter
A long weekend wouldn’t be complete without some appropriately-themed apps. After some digging around online, here’s a list of our favourites:
- Easter Bunny My Face (free on iTunes and Windows Phone marketplace): You know you’ve always wanted to see yourself as the Easter Bunny. Transform your face with a selection of bunny noses and ears and when you’re done, why not make that your new Twitter or Facebook profile picture for the weekend?
- Easter Bunny Tracker (.99 on iTunes): A fun app for kids, you can track the bunny as he makes his rounds this Easter
- Egg Dying 101 from Martha Stewart Living (.99 on iTunes): With a gallery of more than 100 egg designs, you may just find the inspiration you need to jazz up that festive Easter table centerpiece.
- Rocket Bunny (free on Google Play and iTunes): A fun game where you help a rocket-powered Easter Bunny deliver eggs
- Easter Egg Paint (free on Google Play or .99 on BlackBerry App World): Paint your own egg and send it to friends and family, or use it as your wallpaper.
Miranda is a regular contributor to RedBoard