- #Empire comes to @City_tv! Get caught up on the first 3 episodes on ROD!
Those days are a thing of the past. Today, we’re introducing the next big thing in TV from Rogers: NextBox 2.0, a suite of new features for Rogers cable customers in Ontario that delivers a TV without borders experience, any time, in any room of your home.
- Whole Home PVR: Now with a single PVR, you can watch your recorded shows from any TV in your home with a NextBox HD Terminal. Why it’s cool? Let’s pretend I’m a huge fan of The Bachelor (who’s pretending? I love it!). I’ve recorded it and can’t wait to see the most dramatic rose ceremony yet, but I’m dozing off on the couch. Now I can seamlessly switch the show to the bedroom and watch the big reveal in the comfort of my bed. You can even watch the same recorded programs in up to 4 rooms at once.
- Rogers Live TV: Stream 22 live TV channels on your iPad or Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet using your home Wi-Fi connection. Why this is a life changer? Say I’m watching a cooking show and instantly get inspired to whip up a dish along with the TV host; I can switch the live show to my tablet into the kitchen and live stream the show while I embark on my culinary adventure.
- An enhanced interactive TV guide: A sleek and intuitive new HD interface, with advanced search capabilities. Why do I love this? Because I can customize and build personalized channel guides and easily search for that show everyone is buzzing about, while never losing sight of the current episode. The new on demand portal makes it easier to check out what’s new on Rogers On Demand Channel 100.
- More tailored cable and internet packages: Usage-based packaging options. What does this mean? It means I can choose the services best suited to my TV and internet needs. All packages come with a discounted monthly TV service, NextBox 2.0 free for 6 months and a PVR Extender that allows you to record and store even more of your favourite shows! Whether you watch a little TV or a lot, there’s a variety of packages available to suit your needs.
With NextBox 2.0 home entertainment is now on your schedule and on the screen of your choice. Speaking of entertainment on any screen of your choice, Rogers On Demand Online has a new name: Rogers Anyplace TV.
It’s still your online entertainment destination or your favourite on-demand primetime TV shows, kids programming, specialty channels, movie rentals, and live streaming sports action – just with a different name. The new name captures the next step in TV entertainment. It’s about streaming sports action while you’re commuting or enjoying the latest episode of 30 Rock on your mobile when you’re waiting in line. It’s entertainment right at your fingertips.
In addition to watching your favourite programming online on your PC, you can also watch on your smartphone, tablet and Xbox 360.
Got a special place in your heart for Rogers On Demand? Your favourite On Demand hotspot on channel 100 will be keeping the Rogers On Demand name alive.
You’ll be able to see the new name starting now at RogersAnyplaceTV.com and over the next couple months, you’ll start to see the name changing for the mobile app and Xbox platforms.
Which room do you think is the best for TV viewing? Join the discussion on Twitter by using or following #NextBox.
UPDATE (February 27, 2012, 6:43 a.m): Looking for more information on NextBox 2.0? Take a look at this video to see it in action:
UPDATE (February 29, 2012, 4:18 p.m): If you are an existing Rogers Digital TV customer with a NextBox HD Terminal (Cisco 4642) and/or NextBox HDPVR (Cisco 8642) and wish to get the new guide, just complete the form here: www.rogers.com/enhancedguide to upgrade to the Rogers Enhanced Guide, at no additional cost.
Just click on the “Can I Get It” tab and fill out all the necessary boxes on the form and press ORDER NOW. It will take up to 72hrs to process. Once you’ve filled it out, it will update all of your compatible digital set-top boxes in your home.
Kaili is a regular contributor to RedBoard