- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
As much as we like to think summer’s a time to relax and unwind, our lives tend to get busier as the season unfolds. Between weekend trips to the cottage, beach excursions, music festivals, weddings and sporting events, the summer is action packed and keeps us on the go. Maintaining our busy schedules also means it’s important for us to stay connected, wherever we may be.
Whether you’re a camper, cottager or beach bum, our hot new summer devices will keep you connected, organized and ready to take on that next summer activity.
For the Camper
If you’re an adventurer at heart and love spending time on the lake or by the camp fire, the Motorola DEFY PRO, available exclusively to Rogers on August 15, is the perfect device. Scratch resistant, dust proof and water resistant, the DEFY PRO is built to withstand the elements and designed for those with active, busy lives. Here are some great features that keep you connected and well equipped whether you’re pitching a tent or out for a spin on the boat:
- Motorola’s Battery Manager, which allows you to manage your phone’s power consumption and stay connected longer
- GPS so you’ll never lose your way
- A dashboard to keep track of your outdoor activities, complete with camping, hiking and daily workout views
For the Beach Bum
Maybe your preference is lounging on the beach or poolside? If that’s the case, the HTC Desire C smartphone will keep you entertained while you’re soaking up the vitamin D or driving to your next surf-side destination. Here are a few special features that make this the perfect beach-bum device:
- Beats Audio technology that features studio-quality sound resulting in a rich, clear listening experience
- 5 megapixel camera with instant sharing capabilities, allowing you to post those perfect beach pics on Facebook seconds after they’re captured
- Vibrant 3.5-inch HGVA screen, perfect for web browsing, viewing photos and video while lounging in the sun
With its large HD screen and preloaded music unlimited and video unlimited apps, the Sony Xperia ion also serves as a great personal entertainment device for those lazy days by the water.
For Weekend Getaways
- A Canadian first and Rogers exclusive launching this August, the new LTE Rocket hub allows you to easily connect up to 15 computers and Wi-Fi devices to the Internet. Just plug it into an electrical outlet and power on to create a Wi-Fi zone connected to the Rogers wireless network. No software to download, no installation to schedule—get high speed internet for the whole family where you never thought possible, whenever you choose.
- The Rocket mobile hotspot will keep you connected whether you’re on the road, exploring around town, or even on the dock or boat. Simply turn on this battery-powered, pocket-sized device and you’ve created a password-protected Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 Wi-Fi devices—from laptops to Wi-Fi tablets, from music players to eReaders and more.
- When getting that new summer device, you may also want to think about signing up for the new 6 GB Super Plan from Rogers. With the new Super Plan, streaming videos, downloading music and staying connected has never been easier and it’s perfect for sharing between multiple devices.
With endless options at your fingertips, how will you stay connected this summer?
Michelle is a regular contributor to Redboard