- @1971habs @NationwideArena What a great picture!!! Your enthusiasm is contagious :) Thank YOU ^mk
Our LTE speed test contest is officially over and you blew us away with your super fast speed submissions!
We launched the contest on February 13 and asked Rogers LTE customers to send us screen captures of their highest speed over Rogers LTE network. We accepted any speed over 25Mbps and all eligible entries were entered into a random draw to win a new HTC Jetstream tablet.
Some interesting stats from the contest:
- Most common device used: Samsung Galaxy S II
- Average download speed: 45.24Mbps
- Location of entries: Toronto and Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Oakville, Kitchener, Vancouver, Laval, Burnaby, Hamilton and Montreal.
- Other devices used: HTC Raider, HTC Jetstream, Samsung Galaxy Note and a Sierra LTE Rocketstick
During the contest we also announced a network expansion and several new devices. On February 14, we added the Sierra Wireless AirCard330U model of the LTE Rocket to our lineup of LTE devices. The stick offers 1700/2100 MHz and 2600 MHz connectivity on the Rogers LTE network for typical LTE download speeds of 12-40 Mbps, compared to 12-25 Mbps for 2100 MHz connectivity only. For more details, go here.
We also announced that we’ll be expanding our leading lineup of LTE smartphones with two new exclusive LTE devices available this spring: the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC One X.
And finally, we expanded our LTE network to St.John’s making Rogers the first carrier to bring the fastest wireless speeds in Canada to Newfoundlanders. We’re now offering LTE to a total of 11 million Canadians and we’ll double our coverage this year with plans to expand to more than 25 cities in 2012.
Miranda is a regular contributor to RedBoard