- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
With so many new tech devices coming out soon, many of us are looking to buy the latest, hottest smartphones and gadgets. While we can’t tell you exactly what’s coming, we can tell you we’re pretty excited for our fall lineup.
With this in mind, we wanted to let you in on a little secret: the Rogers Reservation System. This system ensures you will get your hands on that coveted device, without waiting in long lineups, battling shopping mall crowds or travelling from one sold-out store to the next.
The Rogers Reservation System (RRS) is really simple to use and is a great option for those of us who want to get our hands on the latest device but don’t necessarily need it the first day it’s available. This is how it works:
- Existing Rogers wireless customers can reserve a device through RRS. This will allow you to secure a place “in line” for the next available device without having to visit a store or call us. You can reserve through MyAccount. Click here for further instructions.
- To reserve a device, you will pay a $40 reservation fee which will be credited back to your account once the device has shipped.
- When your device is ready to ship, you will receive an email from us with a link to track your shipment until it arrives at the store of your choice.
- A store rep will call you when your device is ready to be picked up. We recommend you wait until you hear from a rep before you head to your store. Once the device is in inventory, it could take up to four days to ship to the store you chose. Once the device arrives at the store of your choosing, a store rep will call you.
- For more information on RRS, check out our online FAQ.
You can always check the status of your reservation by visiting rogers.com/myrogers.
UPDATE (September 14, 2012, 6:01 A.M EST): If you reserve a device on the Rogers Reservation System before October 11, 2012, Rogers guarantees your device will be shipped to the store of your choice within 14 days of that device launching (i.e. becoming available for purchase in Canadian stores). If the device has already launched, it will be shipped within 14 days from the time you reserved it. And, if your device doesn’t ship within 14 days, you’ll receive a $50 credit.
- If you reserve your device on September 14 and the device launches on September 21, Rogers guarantees that device will shipped to the store on or before October 4
- If you reserve your device on September 21, Rogers guarantees thatyour device will be shipped to the store on or before October 4
If your device does not ship within 14 days from launch or reservation (whichever is later), Rogers will apply a $50 credit to your account to thank you for your patience:
- The $50 credit will appear on one of your next two invoices following the activation of your reserved device on your account.
- To receive the $50 credit, you must pick up the reserved device from the store selected during your reservation within the timeframe stated in the shipping email, and the reserved device must be used on the account in which it was reserved under.
- This offer is subject to change without notice.
Michelle is a regular contributor to RedBoard
The information in this post is current at the date of posting and is subject to change without notice.