- You can enjoy the last weekend of the summer and still watch the @BlueJays from wherever you are on @Anyplace_TV
Today we launched the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app – a new addition to the NextBox 2.0 entertainment experience. In light of today’s launch, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to explore the top five reasons why I personally love Rogers NextBox.
Obviously, this new app is reason #1
1. Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app: Tablets are the perfect TV companion; with this new app you can do the following tasks on your second screen without interrupting what’s playing on your TV:
- Use your compatible tablet or smartphone to search and navigate TV listings
- Use your tablet or smartphone as a virtual remote control
- Manage PVR recordings from your tablet and smartphone
- Scroll through the interactive guide on your tablet, browser or smartphone
- Live stream 25 channels in the home on a tablet, similar to the Rogers Live TV experience
- Real scenarios: Tuesdays are my favourite TV nights; tonight I’ll make sure my PVR is set to record New Girl and the Mindy Project. While my shows are on the TV, I can grab my tablet and browse through what else is on my TV, search other shows and set more recordings. I also enjoy the virtual remote control feature, mostly because I would like to start changing channels while I’m out and pretend my place is haunted.
2. Advanced Search: I like my lazy Sundays, a.k.a. movie marathon sessions. Sometimes I feel extra picky and am in the mood for a film or series which includes a particular director or actor. With our enhanced search tools, you can click on the Guide and press * on your remote and type in what you’re seeking. This same search functionality is also available on the new app! For example, the other day I felt like watching something that featured my Swedish, True Blood mini-obsession, Alexander Skarsgard. A quick search on my TV reveals the available titles he stars in, for instance: Battle Ship, Melancholia, Straw Dogs… and Zoolander (what? I do not remember this appearance!)
3. Karaoke Playlists On Demand: My friends have come to expect some serious karaoke playlists at my place. Check out Rogers On Demand, channel 100 > Music > Karaoke On Demand and choose from a range of genres like rock or country or select by decade to begin building your personal playlist. I prefer rocking out to 90s hip-hop with hairbrushes in hand, but you can also amp up the experience by plugging in a microphone.
4. Whole Home PVR: Need to catch the last minutes of your recorded show while you’re trying not to snooze on the sofa? With NextBox whole home PVR functionality, you can benefit from follow me TV capability and seamlessly resume your program from the comfort of your bedroom.
5. Weather Application: Did you ever wonder what the purpose of the “D” button on your remote control was? For those of you who haven’t tested it out, it displays your weekly, localized weather forecast on your TV screen. When I’m watching BT, before I head out to work, pushing “D” will inform whether or not I should grab my umbrella. This little button can be a lifesaver.
How to get NextBox
If you become a Rogers Digital TV customer you automatically get the NextBox experience. If you’re an existing customer, you may already have an eligible set-top box (4642 and 8642 models). If so, in order to enjoy the benefits of the new guide and enhanced features call in or fill out an online form to get set up. If you do not have an eligible box, then call 1-888-Rogers1 or visit a retail location to purchase one.
What are your favourite NextBox features?
Kaili is a regular contributor to RedBoard