doubled in speed from up to 75 Mbps to up to 150 Mbps, and is expected to be available to a majority of customers by the end of the year. And, starting November 7th, we’re increasing speeds for Extreme Plus, Extreme and Express customers in Ontario with a DOCSIS 3.0 modem– so you can take advantage of our fastest internet speeds yet! This isn’t the first time we’ve ramped up the speed. In fact, our most popular tier, Express, has had a speed increase of 150 per cent since mid 2011.
Did you know that Canadians spend more time online than any other country in the world? And as we approach the holidays, we’re set to get even more connected as many of us may be putting a tablet, gaming console or PC on their wish list. Our internet speeds will get all your gadgets operating at peak performance.
What does speed mean to you? How many songs or movies can I download with the new Ultimate?
With download speeds of up to 150 Mbps and a monthly data allowance of 250 GB- you can expect to:
- Download a song in about one second. Download an SD movie in about 37 seconds
- Customers can download up to 120 HD (2GB) movies, watch 760 hours of HD video or download 64K (4MB) songs, per month
Starting November 7, 2012 Rogers will begin automatically upgrading Express, Extreme and Extreme Plus internet tiers for customers with DOCSIS 3.0 modems. If you have a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, head into your local Rogers retail location and upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and service plan to take advantage of the new speeds.
What you can expect:
- Extreme Plus: download speeds will increase from up to 32 Mbps to up to 45 Mbps
- Extreme: download speeds will increase from up to 28 Mbps to up to 35 Mbps
- Express: download speeds will increase from up to 18 Mbps to up to 25 Mbps
As a film junkie, a faster internet experience is great for my home movie marathons on Rogers Anyplace TV. What does a faster internet experience mean for you?
Kaili is a regular contributor to RedBoard