Like you, we’re always excited about embracing what’s next in technology. Rogers was first to bring Canadians the BlackBerry, first to bring the iPhone, and the first to launch an Android smartphone.
So what’s the next big thing? Today, we’re excited to join forces with Microsoft to bring you the largest selection of Windows 8 devices from a Canadian carrier all powered on our blazing fast LTE network.
Across all Windows 8 devices, you’ll now have a complete cross-platform experience making it easier to switch between devices to easily access your best friend’s phone number from your tablet, grab your photos from last night’s party from your PC or quickly email your late assignment from your smartphone. Windows Phone 8 also includes great features such as multi-core processing, improved display resolutions, NFC, microSD storage expansion, and lenses for getting creative with your pictures.
Select Windows Phone 8 smartphones and an exclusive Windows 8 tablet will be available on Rogers LTE network and launching in the coming weeks. Here’s a rundown of what to get excited about:
- Nokia Lumia 920: Offered exclusively from Rogers in black, the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 captures the best pictures and video ever seen on a smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 920 makes it possible to take clear, bright, professional-looking pictures and video indoors and at night.
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC and ATIV S Smartphone: Samsung is releasing a line of Windows 8 OS devices including a tablet – the ATIV Smart PC (available exclusively to Rogers customers) and the ATIV S smartphone. The ATIV Smart PC was designed with a classy, sleek finish, and you’ll get the same Windows 8 experience you’re used to on your PC with the portability of a tablet. The S™ smartphone is a high performance device with a range of content sharing and productivity options.
- Windows Phone 8X by HTC: Available from Rogers in a Blue 16G and exclusively in a Black 8G, the Windows Phone 8X by HTC offers Beats Audio™ technology provides authentic, studio-quality sound whether you’re listening to music, playing a game or watching a video.
Existing customers can reserve the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Windows Phone 8X by HTC Windows 8 now by using the Rogers Reservation System in MyRogers on rogers.com.
We’re also very excited to provide Rogers customers our exclusive applications on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 platform like:
- Rogers My Account on Windows 8 tablets: Launching with the Samsung ATIV smart PC available exclusively to Rogers customers, My Account allows you to manage your wireless account directly through an application on your Windows 8 tablet. With My Account, you can quickly select and activate a mobile internet plan, check your plan usage, plus view your account balance and make payments without having to call customer care or visit a Rogers retail location. For more info on the app, check out our blog post here
- Rogers Anyplace TV Live for Windows Phone 8 and Rogers Anyplace TV (on demand) for Windows 8 Tablets: With the Rogers Anyplace TV Live app for Windows Phone 8, you get live games like Barclays Premier League soccer, Blue Jays baseball, Raptors basketball, hockey and tennis, and real-time news like CityNews. Rogers Anyplace TV Live is a mobile app with a $5 per month/5 hour subscription. Currently there is a special promo waiving overage charges until April 30, 2013. With the Rogers Anyplace TV (on demand) app for Windows 8 tablets, you get on demand channels, including Citytv, CBC, W Network, TMN, Treehouse, Teletoon, Family Channel, free movies and trailers, and more. Rogers Anyplace TV is also currently available on Xbox to Rogers customers.
- Rogers One Number for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 Tablet: With the Rogers One Number app on your Windows 8 tablet, you can use your existing wireless phone number to talk, text and send picture messages and video chat with other Rogers One Number users, all from your tablet. Sync your contacts with the Rogers One Number app on your Windows Phone 8 to seamlessly synchronize all of your contacts no matter where you are.
We’ll continue to update you on pricing and launch timing here on RedBoard. You can also follow our Twitter account, @RogersBuzz for more information and the latest updates. Stay tuned!
What Windows 8 device are you most excited about?
Michelle is a regular contributor to RedBoard
See www.rogers.com/coverage for full details on Rogers LTE network coverage.
The information in this post is current at the date of posting and is subject to change without notice.