After the long Canadian winter, there’s nothing more exciting than the arrival of summer; the perfect time for vacation. If you’re like us, you’ll probably be packing your smartphone alongside all the other vacation essentials. And if a trip to the U.S. is on your agenda, we’ve got good news for you! We now have two new Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers, perfect for texting with friends and family as you’re taking in a show on Broadway in New York or testing your luck in Las Vegas.
What are the new offers?
Depending on how long you’ll be in the States, we now have two new options for you to choose from. Both offers are available for a one-time purchase and will allow you to send and receive unlimited text messages while in the States. No need for you to do anything to remove the offer from your account either, the offer will automatically be removed once it expires.
Now available, if you’re travelling to the U.S. for a night or weekend, simply text “TRAVEL” to 7626 before or upon your arrival to purchase the $10 Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging Pass. As soon as you purchase the Pass, you can begin sending and receiving unlimited text messages until 11:59pm (Eastern Time) the next day.
For longer trips, you can add the $50 Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging Travel Pack which expires one month after the date of purchase.
The Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers can be used all over the U.S., including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and include text messages sent from the U.S. to a U.S. number, a Canadian number or an international number.
How to get it?
No need to call in. You can easily add an Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers right from your phone. All you have to do is:
- Text “TRAVEL” to 7626 and a link will be sent to your phone to allow you to purchase the offers.
- Or, roaming offers can be added by going to rogers.com/m/usa on your mobile device or by logging into My Rogers from your computer
Rogers is proud to be the first wireless carrier in Canada to provide an unlimited text messaging roaming offer for the U.S. We are continually introducing new plans and pricing as we aggressively negotiate directly with roaming partners around the world. We believe it’s critical to make roaming affordable and we’re continually looking for ways to deliver this for our customers.
Adding a roaming option before your vacation can help you save over 90% off the standard rates.
Want more information about travelling with your phone? Check out www.rogers.com/roaming to learn about the new Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers and other roaming add-ons.
Are you planning a trip to the U.S. this summer?
Katie Boland is a regular contributor to RedBoard
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Featured Fan Page
Rogers on YouTubeRogers suretap: Turn your wireless smartphone into a mobile wallet
More on YouTube
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada Connected Magazine contest data facebook HTC infographic Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile mobile wallet movies Network Nokia RedBoard rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab smartphone smartphones social media streaming tablet tablets technology Toronto touchscreen tv twitter Video Wireless
Most Popular Posts
- RogersNicolas on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Timmy on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Rogers_Chris on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Alex on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Jesse on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- BlackBerry Q10 smartphone available today from Rogers
- Stream the playoffs live on your smartphone with Rogers Anyplace TV and CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada
- We’re so proud! LinkedIn says Rogers employees among world leaders in volunteering
- Weekend Reading: Smartphone user dating habits, coding for kids and LTE in seven new markets this week
- How do I change my method of payment online? Your questions answered
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- Need Support? Click here.