After the long Canadian winter, there’s nothing more exciting than the arrival of summer; the perfect time for vacation. If you’re like us, you’ll probably be packing your smartphone alongside all the other vacation essentials. And if a trip to the U.S. is on your agenda, we’ve got good news for you! We now have two new Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers, perfect for texting with friends and family as you’re taking in a show on Broadway in New York or testing your luck in Las Vegas.
What are the new offers?
Depending on how long you’ll be in the States, we now have two new options for you to choose from. Both offers are available for a one-time purchase and will allow you to send and receive unlimited text messages while in the States. No need for you to do anything to remove the offer from your account either, the offer will automatically be removed once it expires.
Now available, if you’re travelling to the U.S. for a night or weekend, simply text “TRAVEL” to 7626 before or upon your arrival to purchase the $10 Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging Pass. As soon as you purchase the Pass, you can begin sending and receiving unlimited text messages until 11:59pm (Eastern Time) the next day.
For longer trips, you can add the $50 Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging Travel Pack which expires one month after the date of purchase.
The Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers can be used all over the U.S., including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and include text messages sent from the U.S. to a U.S. number, a Canadian number or an international number.
How to get it?
No need to call in. You can easily add an Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers right from your phone. All you have to do is:
- Text “TRAVEL” to 7626 and a link will be sent to your phone to allow you to purchase the offers.
- Or, roaming offers can be added by going to rogers.com/m/usa on your mobile device or by logging into My Rogers from your computer
Rogers is proud to be the first wireless carrier in Canada to provide an unlimited text messaging roaming offer for the U.S. We are continually introducing new plans and pricing as we aggressively negotiate directly with roaming partners around the world. We believe it’s critical to make roaming affordable and we’re continually looking for ways to deliver this for our customers.
Adding a roaming option before your vacation can help you save over 90% off the standard rates.
Want more information about travelling with your phone? Check out www.rogers.com/roaming to learn about the new Unlimited U.S. Roaming Text Messaging offers and other roaming add-ons.
Are you planning a trip to the U.S. this summer?
Katie Boland is a regular contributor to RedBoard
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada contest data facebook holiday HTC Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile movies Network RedBoard roaming rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV rogers innovation report Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Rogers Wireless Samsung security smartphone smartphones social media tablet tablets technology Toronto travel tv twitter Video Weekend reading Wireless
- True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Stay on Top of Awards Season with Rogers On Demand
- Watch The Americans Season 1 and 2, now on shomi, leading up to the Season 3 premiere on FX
- You lost me at ‘notice of alleged copyright infringement’
- Wearables for the fitness folks
- Alph on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Paul on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- RogersMike on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- chris on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Chris on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
Rogers on YouTubeIntroducing Generation D
More on YouTube
Featured Fan Page
- Need Support? Click here.
Canada’s top employers 2013