For true movie lovers, 3D is as good as it gets. And with 3D TVs growing in popularity, we know that people are hungry for more 3D programming. Good news for Rogers Digital Cable customers with 3D-enabled TVs: you’ll now be able to rent 3D movies from Rogers on Demand Channel 100.
These new movies are just the beginning. We’re committed to bringing you the best movies on demand which is why we plan to add at least one new 3D title per month to Rogers on Demand.
If you have a 3D TV and plan to rent either of these movies, here’s what you’ll need to ensure you can get the full experience:
- An HD Box from Rogers. Renting movies from Rogers on Demand on 3D will not work if you are watching on an SD box
- Active 3D glasses that either came (or are compatible) with your 3D TV
- HDMI cable hook-up from digital box to your TV
- 3D mode enabled (some TVs do this automatically when they detect a 3D signal, but check your manual just in case)
- Go to Channel 100 -> Movies -> 3D and order your movie
We first started providing 3D programming on Ch. 900 in October 2010 and have provided some great content in 3D like the final matches of the FIFA World Cup and a 3D Hockey Night in Canada broadcast of the Montreal Canadiens vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.
As 3D technology continues to evolve, we’re looking forward to bringing you more movies in 3D.
What movie would you like to watch in 3D?
Miranda MacDonald is a regular contributor to RedBoard