- Congrats @RoyMcPherson - you've been selected as a winner in our #RoamOn Challenge! Follow us and we'll DM you the details.
With one out of every five Canadians’ first language being neither English nor French, Rogers is proud to offer over 100 multicultural channels in more than 20 different languages.
Here are some recent updates we’ve made to help our customers keep up-to-date with programming from abroad:
- We now offer the popular STAR channels, previously available in the Hindi Mega Pack and Mandarin Entertainment Pack, on an a la carte basis, which includes STAR Chinese Channel (Mandarin), STAR Chinese Movies 2 (Mandarin), Channel [v] Taiwan (Mandarin), SET MAX (Hindi), STAR India Gold (Hindi), STAR One (Hindi) and STAR India News (Hindi).
- Popular Punjabi services are available a la carte as well as through our Punjabi Package, including music channel MH1.
- Our Bollywood channels can now be purchased as part of a Bollywood Pack for a limited time.
- We’ve launched a new Tamil Package, which includes STAR Vijay, SunTV, Tamil One and Tamil Vision.
- You can now watch Aaj Tak and Headlines Today, which are top-rated news channels from India. We’ve also launched the Hindi channel NDTV Imagine. We have also launched India’s number one sports channel, ATN Neo Cricket.
- Our Arabic-language programming now includes new channels like Orbit Al Yawm, Melody Aflam, Melody Drama, Melody Arabia and Dream 2 Future TV International, which are in free preview until March 23, 2011.
- Have you tried Multicultural On Demand (Channel 800)? Through the service you can find Bollywood movies, Punjabi music, Chinese dramas and variety shows, and Filipino and Hebrew programming. Rogers On Demand Online also has some multicultural channels, including TFC (Filipino) and content from Anokhi (South Asian) as well as classic Bollywood movies and music videos from Saavn (South Asian).
What multicultural programs do you watch? Which ones would you like to see us carry?
Stacey Fowler is a regular contributor to RedBoard.