Well, that’s a wrap. 2011 is nearly done and we’ve had a great year here on RedBoard! We’ve covered everything from the iPhone 4S launch to the Royal Wedding and welcomed some new writers into the mix. To mark the end of a great year, we’re recapping our top 5 favourite posts of 2011.
- My Day as a Rogers Android: Our own @RogersMelanie got to live a childhood dream. On October 26, she dressed as the Android mascot at Android TO, Canada’s largest Android conference, and entertained more than 600 attendees throughout the day. To mark the momentous occasion, we filmed a video of her once-in-a-lifetime experience which generated more than 10,000 views.
- Canada’s first LTE network is live: Where were you the day Rogers launched Canada’s first LTE network? I was in Ottawa – the first city in Canada to experience LTE – to show off the capabilities of the latest global wireless technology at a launch event. On that day, we also announced that LTE would be coming to Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. And on September 28, we officially launched Rogers LTE in those cities.
- RedBoard Celebrates one year anniversary: On March 2, our blog turned 1. To mark this milestone, we held our first Tweetup in Toronto and invited RedBoard readers to come out and celebrate with us. For those outside the city, we held a contest to win RedBoard loot bags. We’re looking forward to celebrating our second birthday next year, as well as a first birthday for FilRouge, our new French blog, which launched in September of this year.
- Rogers launches new early upgrade offer: On May 6, we announced an early upgrade promotion that allows you to upgrade your device as early as six months into your existing contract term. We know many of our readers here on RedBoard are the kind of people that want the latest gadget as soon as it’s available. We were happy to offer this new option to provide our customers with this added freedom and flexibility.
- Rogers Innovation Report: top technology predictions for 2012: Just over a week ago, we launched the first Rogers Innovation Report, a regular report we’ll be doing to get Canadians views on technology. The best part? The infographic. This visual display of our findings revealed interesting statistics like the number of Canadians who sleep with their smartphones or have the urge to take them to the bathroom!
On behalf of the RedBoard team, we’d like to wish you a happy new year, and all the best in 2012. We’re looking forward to another great year.
Are there any topics you’d like to see us cover in 2012?
Miranda is a regular contributor to RedBoard