- #Empire comes to @City_tv! Get caught up on the first 3 episodes on ROD!
In January, we introduced the Quick Start menu for our Digital Cable subscribers in Ontario. Our goal was to provide an easier way for you to navigate programming, such as On Demand channels and those in free preview. We also added some cool new features, including TV mix channels, local weather and games.
We thought you’d love it. And while many do, some of you told us you didn’t like having to press “guide” twice to get to TV listings. We appreciate your feedback; we listened and we acted.
Starting today, we’ve made a change so you can now switch the order in which the Quick Start menu appears on your digital TV box. You can choose if you want the new menu or TV listings first.
Here’s how to modify the settings:
1. On remote, click the guide button
2. Select “Self-Service”
3. Click “Change GUIDE Order” option
4. A screen that looks like this will appear:
5. Select one of the following options: “Quick Start menu first” or “TV Listings first.” (Your option appears in red)
6. Repeat for each digital box in your home.
Later this year, we’ll be rolling out further enhancements as well as several technology upgrades.
What do you think about the Quick Start menu and the ability to now change the order in which it appears? Let us know by taking our survey here or by submitting a comment below.
Update (March 4, 1:32 pm): In other blogs that have picked up on this post, there’s been some confusion about whether this change reduces the number of clicks or just changes the order of a double-click. To clarify, the changes implemented today mean that we’ve reduced the number of clicks if you don’t want to view the Quick Start menu. If you’ve made the change outlined above, pressing guide once goes straight to the TV Listings screen. From there, you can choose your channel and start watching as you did in the past. If you don’t choose a channel, pressing guide a second time will bring up the Quick Start menu.
Richard Bloom is a regular contributor to RedBoard.
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada contest data facebook holiday HTC Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile movies Network RedBoard roaming rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV rogers innovation report Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Rogers Wireless Samsung security smartphone smartphones social media tablet tablets technology Toronto travel tv twitter Video Weekend reading Wireless
- True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Stay on Top of Awards Season with Rogers On Demand
- Watch The Americans Season 1 and 2, now on shomi, leading up to the Season 3 premiere on FX
- You lost me at ‘notice of alleged copyright infringement’
- Wearables for the fitness folks
- Alph on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Paul on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- RogersMike on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- chris on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
- Chris on True patriot love: Why you’ll see Canadian ads hawked during the Super Bowl
Rogers on YouTubeIntroducing Generation D
More on YouTube
Featured Fan Page
- Need Support? Click here.
Canada’s top employers 2013