- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
In January, we introduced the Quick Start menu for our Digital Cable subscribers in Ontario. Our goal was to provide an easier way for you to navigate programming, such as On Demand channels and those in free preview. We also added some cool new features, including TV mix channels, local weather and games.
We thought you’d love it. And while many do, some of you told us you didn’t like having to press “guide” twice to get to TV listings. We appreciate your feedback; we listened and we acted.
Starting today, we’ve made a change so you can now switch the order in which the Quick Start menu appears on your digital TV box. You can choose if you want the new menu or TV listings first.
Here’s how to modify the settings:
1. On remote, click the guide button
2. Select “Self-Service”
3. Click “Change GUIDE Order” option
4. A screen that looks like this will appear:
5. Select one of the following options: “Quick Start menu first” or “TV Listings first.” (Your option appears in red)
6. Repeat for each digital box in your home.
Later this year, we’ll be rolling out further enhancements as well as several technology upgrades.
What do you think about the Quick Start menu and the ability to now change the order in which it appears? Let us know by taking our survey here or by submitting a comment below.
Update (March 4, 1:32 pm): In other blogs that have picked up on this post, there’s been some confusion about whether this change reduces the number of clicks or just changes the order of a double-click. To clarify, the changes implemented today mean that we’ve reduced the number of clicks if you don’t want to view the Quick Start menu. If you’ve made the change outlined above, pressing guide once goes straight to the TV Listings screen. From there, you can choose your channel and start watching as you did in the past. If you don’t choose a channel, pressing guide a second time will bring up the Quick Start menu.
Richard Bloom is a regular contributor to RedBoard.
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Featured Fan Page
Rogers on YouTubeRogers suretap: Turn your wireless smartphone into a mobile wallet
More on YouTube
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada Connected Magazine contest data facebook HTC infographic Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile mobile wallet movies Network Nokia RedBoard rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab smartphone smartphones social media streaming tablet tablets technology Toronto touchscreen tv twitter Video Wireless
Most Popular Posts
- RogersNicolas on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Timmy on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Rogers_Chris on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Alex on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Jesse on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- BlackBerry Q10 smartphone available today from Rogers
- Stream the playoffs live on your smartphone with Rogers Anyplace TV and CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada
- We’re so proud! LinkedIn says Rogers employees among world leaders in volunteering
- Weekend Reading: Smartphone user dating habits, coding for kids and LTE in seven new markets this week
- How do I change my method of payment online? Your questions answered
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- Need Support? Click here.