- @bobnor59 I'd recommend deleting your last tweet as it contains private information. I will DM you momentarily. ^ch
Our popular My Account app is now being rolled out available for the BlackBerry smartphone – giving you secure access to your Wireless accounts to view balance and make payments as well as check airtime, messaging and data usage.
According to our research of the world’s largest wireless carriers, Rogers customers are now the only ones in the world that have access to this type of account-management app through four separate platforms: mobile browser, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
To date, hundreds of thousands of Rogers customers have already downloaded the iPhone and Android versions.
Account management on your schedule
We created the My Account family of apps after you told us you wanted the ability to manage your accounts on your schedule, anywhere on the Rogers network.
As with the My Account apps on other devices, it is free to download and use, the data is current up to 4 hours and it resets automatically on your bill date. And, similar to our iPhone and Android versions, the app is not accessible for our corporate or pre-paid customers. (Hang tight corporate customers, a version of the app for you will be available later this year).
Over the next few days, the new app will be rolled out to BlackBerry models 8220, 8520, 8900, 9000 and 9700. Customers with other BlackBerry smartphones may continue to open up a web-page on their mobile browser to access the data when they click the My Account icon.
How to get it
- If you already have a My Account icon on your device, select it and follow the prompts to install the app.
- If you do not have a My Account icon, you can power cycle your device by removing the battery, then putting it back in and powering it up. The icon should now appear on your smartphone.
- Or, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Options
- Select Advanced Options
- Select Host Routing Table
- Click Menu button
- Select Register Now
- Wait for the device to register (typically less than 60 seconds).
- Once the My Account icon appears (it might be in your Downloads folder), click on it, and follow the prompts to install.
iPhone, Android and mobile browser
- iPhone customers can download the app from the iTunes App Store or over the air via the App Store on the device. From your device, go to http://bit.ly/7bF4my for Rogers or http://bit.ly/6jKWGq for Fido.
- Android users can head to the Android Market and search “Rogers My Account” and follow the steps to install.
- To access the My Account data via the web, visit www.rogers.mobi/myaccount through your device’s mobile browser.
What do you think about the My Account app? Will you use it?
Richard Bloom is a regular contributor to RedBoard