As the first carrier to bring BlackBerry to Canada, we’re excited to tell you that the BlackBerry Torch 9800 will join Rogers’ lineup on September 24. The only smartphone to have a BlackBerry keyboard and full touch screen will be available for purchase in-store and on Rogers.com for as low as $199.99 on a three-year term.
As we approach the launch, you can stay on top of the latest updates by signing up at www.rogers.com/torch.
As part of our RedBoard video series, I talk to BlackBerry’s Director of Marketing, Michael McDowell about some of the new, cool features of the Torch, including a super fast new web browser, Social Feeds application, BlackBerry 6 operating system and Universal Search. (To read a transcription of the interview, click here).
What do you think of the Torch? Will you be picking up one on launch day?
UPDATE (September 23, 2010, 1:30 PM): We’ve been informed that the Canadian launch of the BlackBerry Torch 9800 has been changed to September 30. We’ll provide another update on RedBoard when the Torch is available.
UPDATE (September 29, 2010, 10:01 AM): The BlackBerry Torch 9800 can now be ordered at http://www.rogers.com/torch. This is for new customers only, while current customers looking to upgrade can check their hardware upgrade eligibility and pricing in store starting tomorrow, September 30.
Miranda MacDonald is a regular contributor to RedBoard.
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada contest data facebook holiday HTC Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile movies Network Nokia RedBoard roaming rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV rogers innovation report Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Samsung security smartphone smartphones social media tablet tablets technology Toronto travel tv twitter Video Weekend reading Wireless
- RogersNicolas on Mobile Payments 101: The suretap wallet has arrived
- Michael on Welcome to great video streaming: 700 MHz spectrum launches in communities in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto
- Jayson on Mobile Payments 101: The suretap wallet has arrived
- Rogers Lights Up 700Mhz Spectrum | The IT Nerd on Welcome to great video streaming: 700 MHz spectrum launches in communities in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto
- Rogers’ widened LTE support gives Canadians speedier data indoors :gthpc.net on Welcome to great video streaming: 700 MHz spectrum launches in communities in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto
Rogers on YouTubeIntroducing Generation D
More on YouTube
- RedBoard Biz wishes you a happy Earth Day!
- Rogers Alerts discovers what customers think of location-based mobile offers
- Rogers launches new international travel packs and data-only rate for business
- The suretap wallet has arrived: What you need to know
- Four questions about mobility expense management with Ken Gouveia
Featured Fan Page
- Need Support? Click here.
Canada’s top employers 2013