- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
If you’re a Rogers Digital Cable customer in Ontario, you may have already started to notice some new features to the Quick Start menu. We’re rolling out five new enhancements to improve your viewing experience, so let’s get to the details.
GET MORE TV: Easily add programming packages by remote control
Let’s say you want to watch Entourage on HBO Canada but you don’t currently subscribe to the package containing this channel — no problem.
Now you can order more than 50 packages or channels (including The Movie Network, Super Channel, the HD Speciality Pak, adult channels, sports, multicultural programming and more) by clicking on GET MORE TV on the Quick Start menu and following the on-screen steps (see image below). The new channel or package will be automatically added to your account, so no need to call our Customer Care centre.
You can also use this new feature by clicking on the channel itself and following the on-screen steps to order.
White, Green & Grey Channels: Quickly see what you are authorized for
All channels within the Quick Start menu are now colour coded so you can quickly and easily see what you’re authorized for and how to get it if you’re not:
- White channels: Subscribed to and able to watch.
- Green channels: Not subscribed to, but you can subscribe through the Quick Start menu’s GET MORE TV.
- Grey channels: Not subscribed to, but you can subscribe through Rogers.com or 1-888-Rogers1.
Other Quick Start menu Enhancements
- My Favourites: All channels that you have set as a favourite will be available from My Favourites within the What’s On section of the Quick Start menu.
- IPG Program Info: Pressing INFO on any channel link within the Quick Start menu will display the most current program information for that channel.
- Channel Preview: Pressing the right arrow on any channel link within the Quick Start menu will tune to the channel within the right video window. To view as normal, press OK/SELECT.
How do I find the Quick Start menu?
Most customers will find it when they first hit the GUIDE button. If you re-sequenced your remote, simply hit GUIDE twice to find it.
You can learn more about these enhancements by visiting this site or by clicking What’s New on the menu’s home screen.
Have you tried out any of the new features? What would you like to see added in the future?
Richard Bloom is a regular contributor to Redboard.
WelcomeThe official blog of Rogers Communications, RedBoard™ is a place to discuss news and ideas as well as industry issues and trends. Join the conversation. For our comments policy, click here (Updated July, 2012).
Featured Fan Page
Rogers on YouTubeRogers suretap: Turn your wireless smartphone into a mobile wallet
More on YouTube
Tagsandroid app Apple apps blackberry Cable TV canada Connected Magazine contest data facebook HTC infographic Internet iPad iphone Long Term Evolution LTE Mobile mobile wallet movies Network Nokia RedBoard rodo Rogers Rogers Anyplace TV Rogers LTE rogers on demand rogers on demand online Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab smartphone smartphones social media streaming tablet tablets technology Toronto touchscreen tv twitter Video Wireless
Most Popular Posts
- RogersNicolas on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Timmy on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Rogers_Chris on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Alex on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- Jesse on Samsung Galaxy S4 now available for reservation and pre-order
- BlackBerry Q10 smartphone available today from Rogers
- Stream the playoffs live on your smartphone with Rogers Anyplace TV and CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada
- We’re so proud! LinkedIn says Rogers employees among world leaders in volunteering
- Weekend Reading: Smartphone user dating habits, coding for kids and LTE in seven new markets this week
- How do I change my method of payment online? Your questions answered
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- Need Support? Click here.