- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
This World Cup has been all about getting the matches where, when and how you want them and Rogers has been delivering them on multiple platforms: Online? Check. Mobile? Check. On Demand? Check. In HD? Check.
And with upset after upset in the early rounds, this World Cup is proving to be one of the most exciting yet. Adding to the excitement is the fact that the final matches of the tournament – the match for third place [Saturday, July 10 at 2:30 pm ET] and the final championship match [Sunday, July 11 at 2:30 pm ET] – will be broadcast by CBC in 3D. Rogers Digital Cable customers in Ontario can go to channel 900 to catch the in-your-face action.
Here’s what you need to go 3D:
- A 3D TV set
- 3D glasses that came with (or are compatible with) your 3D TV
- A Rogers HD digital box or HD PVR, such as the Cisco/SA Explorer 4250HD, Pace 551HD, Explorer 8300HD and Explorer 8642HD
- An HDMI cable connecting the HD box or HD PVR to your 3D TV
- Setting your 3D TV to “side-by-side” 3D format (consult your 3D TV’s manual)
Enjoy the action. This type of excitement only comes once every four years – and with 3D, you’ll be able to experience it like never before.
How will you be watching the final two games? What do you think of the tournament so far?
Rob Manne is a regular contributor to RedBoard.