- Get your #baseball cap on! MLB Extra Innings is on free preview until May 5th. ^eo
I use my smartphone to text more than I use it to make phone calls. I text my friends to coordinate plans and I’ve even exchanged a few text messages with my mom.
New research released today conducted for Rogers by Harris/Decima finds that 65 per cent of text messaging users want to do more with their text messaging services.
Indeed, texting is a super fast and easy way to communicate, but it’s also been a pretty basic service. Until now.
Starting immediately, Rogers customers can take text messaging to the next level with our new Extreme Text Messaging service, a first in North America.
Extreme Text Messaging lets you block unwanted texts, set up an auto-reply message and easily send a text to a distribution list, to name but a few cool new features.
Best of all, Extreme Text Messaging is available at no additional cost for any Rogers postpaid or prepaid wireless customer — whether you are using text messaging on a pay-per-use basis, part of your plan or as an add-on.
Features and benefits:
- Text Blocker: Have an ex you’d rather not hear from? Getting spam messages? You can now add any phone number to a blocker list and stop receiving messages from that number. The owner of the number won’t even know they’ve been blocked
- Text Auto Reply: If you’re away on vacation or not checking messages, you can set up this feature to send an auto-reply message to anyone who sends you a text
- Distribution lists: Quickly message your family or a group of friends all at once without having to add each recipient to the message one by one.
- Text Copy: Want to send a copy of any text message you receive to your computer so you can see your text messages while you email? Need a written backup of your text messages? Have a copy of your text messages automatically sent to an email address or another wireless phone number.
- Text Forward: No more carrying around a personal and work phone on the weekend. Have all your text messages automatically forwarded to another phone number, just like call forwarding.
- Personal Signature: Add some fun to your text messages by creating a personal signature or message that will automatically be included at the end of any text you send.
Standard text messaging rates apply for each person on a distribution list and for any copy, forward, or auto-reply text message sent. For additional details, please go to www.rogers.com/extremetext.
How to manage Extreme Text Messaging:
Visit the My Account section of Rogers Mobile Internet Portal at www.rogers.mobi and click on Extreme Text Messaging under Manage My Services. Or, text “XTREME” to 4716 to be sent a URL to access the setup page for all features. iPhone and Android customers will need to browse to www.rogers.com/m/extremetext to access the set-up page.
Text messaging plans:
Rogers has a variety of text messaging plans and options to help you get the most out of your text messaging. Click here for more information about our text messaging add-on options.
Do you use text messaging regularly? If so, how many text messages do you send a month? And, what do you think of the new functionality?
Miranda MacDonald is a regular contributor to RedBoard.