We’re big fans of online video. Our popular Rogers on Demand Online service was taken out of beta earlier this year giving you access to the hottest TV shows, movies and more via your web browser. As our CMO John Boynton said at Rogers TabLife TO earlier this month, soon we’ll be rolling out a version optimized for tablet users.
We’ve also created numerous video clips exclusively for RedBoard, allowing us to tell stories and do product demos in a new way and allowing you to quickly view and share content right on our website (or through our YouTube channel).
In part two of our series looking back at our favourite RedBoard moments, we present our five favourite RedBoard videos of the year, as well as why we’ve chosen each.
1. Next is Now: A whirlwind of data, statistics and predictions of what’s next for technology in Canada and worldwide, we unveiled this video at our Annual General Meeting in April.
2. Will It Blend? Rogers Handset Protection Guarantee: We sent our Miranda MacDonald down to Blendtec HQ in Utah to help spread the word on our Handset Protection Guarantee – and help prevent outoftheloopedness.
3. BlackBerry Torch 9800 Available from Rogers September 24: We realized you were really interested in the newest BlackBerry device when this preview of the Torch broke through the 10,000 mark in views on YouTube in just a few days. And yes, we agree: touchscreen + physical qwerty keyboard + BBM = awesome.
4. RIM’s David Neale on the New BlackBerry PlayBook and the Tablet Sector: In what became one of the world’s very first comprehensive demos of the soon-to-launch BlackBerry PlayBook, Neale unveils a prototype device, including a hands-on with the user interface, HD video and camera functionality. He also talks about what’s next for the tablet space in 2011 and beyond.
5. Rogers opens new Community Forums: A how-to video for our new Rogers Community Forums — a place to find solutions to technical issues, ask and reply to questions as well as discuss Rogers products and services.
Richard Bloom is a regular contributor to RedBoard.